Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Friends with Flippers Music Festival

Dolphin Research Center is always happy to hear how marine mammals have inspired members and visitors. As part of our #Finspiration series, we have asked our fans to share their stories with us. Check out Helena's story below and if you're in the Orlando area, consider taking part in the
Friends with Flippers Music Festival
on Saturday, May 31st, 2014!
 
Helena's Story:
 
 
I have loved music since I was little. I started playing guitar and singing when I was six and have been playing for five years. I love songs that tell stories, and I really love The Beatles! I also play viola in my school orchestra. When my teacher, Mrs. Graham, assigned our Pursue Your Passion project, I decided to use music to help a cause I care about—dolphins!
Last year, I got the chance to swim with dolphins and from that moment, I was hooked! Dolphins became my favorite animal instantly, and since that day, I have researched and read everything I can find about dolphins.
For my Pursue your Passion project, I thought about how I could use my musical talents and the talents of my friends to help raise money to research these beautiful creatures. I will be holding a music fest on May 31, 2014 to help support the research that will teach us about all the amazing things that dolphins can do! I hope that together we can protect these marine mammals and learn from them.

0 comments: